Re: no sound from emacspeak(21.0) + festival(1.95)... localhost not in access list

> See the discussion yesterday and today about the
> AccentSA: The ONLY
> synths supported by Emacspeak are the Dectalk, FLite
> and
> ViaVoice. _NO_ other synths will work without a lot
> of elisp and tcl
> coding.

Thanks for the response :)

FreeTTS offers an emacspeak speech server and claims
to work with emacspeak (and I tried it though haven't
gotten it to work either). So you're saying it doesn't
now... did it used to? Would you happen to know hich
versions worked with each other? I'm happy with using
older versions of anything as long as I can get
something to work.

As for Speakup, I found the page
http://www.linux-speakup.org/speakup.html but it looks
like it only works with hardware synthesizers (I only
recognized a couple in their list). Is that true?
Dectalk is hardware and ViaVoice is not available
anywhere (and oh how I looked!) so it sounds like my
only option is FLite unless I want to buy a
synthesizer.

Thanks again for your advice,

 Jason