Re: no sound from emacspeak(21.0) + festival(1.95)... localhost not in access list

    JY> As for Speakup, I found the page
    JY> http://www.linux-speakup.org/speakup.html but it looks like it
    JY> only works with hardware synthesizers (I only recognized a
    JY> couple in their list). Is that true?

No.  You can use Speakup with software synthesizers using Speech
Dispatcher and Speechd-Up, see http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd-up.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
All programmers are optimists.  Perhaps this modern sorcery especially attracts
those who believe in happy endings and fairy godmothers.  Perhaps the hundreds