[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RESOLVED: no sound from emacspeak(21.0) + festival(1.95)... localhost not in access...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RESOLVED: no sound from emacspeak(21.0) + festival(1.95)... localhost not in access...
- From: Jason Young <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 07:15:48 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=cOXuCmexYVNHJJOYFqni4stYS2RAbsUqyEZHtUu+sIDFEBeUk/xfAbhZiLD1evJas9bQtSNKfL258AEymAHrx5j8BQtqU7I+LlJ1H2ZVHv3c9LN8g12rnrhpEJ+rfuQrGQYI4/YHcbJD+2ufxEu9C6v4wod/6kpTbMgAGsfEnKU= ;
- In-Reply-To: 6667
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:22:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <NJnoFB.A.hVE.kAdmCB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
I got it working!!! (with fedora core 3.0, emacs/peak
21.0 with flite 1.4.2 and eflite0.3.9) I originally
couldn't compile flite on FC3, because in flite folder
when I did ./configure then make, and while compiling
find_sts_main.c, got the error message:
find_sts_main.c: In function 'find_sts':
find_sts_main.c:96: error: assignment of read-only
find_sts_main.c:100: error: assignment of read-only
find_sts_main.c:103: error: assignment of read-only
in tools/find_sts_main.c after #include <string.h> I
added #define const
This makes nothing const in that file so it could
compile. Admittedly it's a bit unsafe but at least
emacspeak works now so I'll hope for the best...
Thanks again for everyone's input to help me get up
and running with this!
--- firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I am using fedora core 3.0, emacs/peak 21.0 with
> flite 1.4.2 and eflite0.3.9,
> do you think that will help you?
> LCSR, Rutgers
> Table with 2 columns and 6 rows
> Re: no sound from emacspeak(21.0) +
> festival(1.95)... localhost not in access
> 5/27/2005 4:50:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> Sent from the Internet
> table end
> > See the discussion yesterday and today about the
> > AccentSA: The ONLY
> > synths supported by Emacspeak are the Dectalk,
> > and
> > ViaVoice. _NO_ other synths will work without a
> > of elisp and tcl
> > coding.
> Thanks for the response :)
> FreeTTS offers an emacspeak speech server and claims
> to work with emacspeak (and I tried it though
> gotten it to work either). So you're saying it
> now... did it used to? Would you happen to know hich
> versions worked with each other? I'm happy with
> older versions of anything as long as I can get
> something to work.
> As for Speakup, I found the page
> http://www.linux-speakup.org/speakup.html but it
> like it only works with hardware synthesizers (I
> recognized a couple in their list). Is that true?
> Dectalk is hardware and ViaVoice is not available
> anywhere (and oh how I looked!) so it sounds like my
> only option is FLite unless I want to buy a
> Thanks again for your advice,
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "email@example.com" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"