RESOLVED: no sound from emacspeak(21.0) + festival(1.95)... localhost not in access...

I got it working!!! (with fedora core 3.0, emacs/peak
21.0 with flite 1.4.2 and eflite0.3.9) I originally
couldn't compile flite on FC3, because in flite folder
when I did ./configure then make, and while compiling
find_sts_main.c, got the error message:
find_sts_main.c: In function 'find_sts':
find_sts_main.c:96: error: assignment of read-only
member 'size'
find_sts_main.c:100: error: assignment of read-only
location
find_sts_main.c:103: error: assignment of read-only
location

in tools/find_sts_main.c after #include <string.h> I
added #define const
This makes nothing const in that file so it could
compile. Admittedly it's a bit unsafe but at least
emacspeak works now so I'll hope for the best...

Thanks again for everyone's input to help me get up
and running with this!