difficulty with emacspeak and dectalk RT

Hi Daniel,

The problem you are having is with the code for tcldtk.c (the shared
library used by tcl to communicate with the software dectalk. This is
a known problem with the code that is distributed with emacspeak. I
have changed the C code so that it works. You can get a copy of my
modified tcldtk.c code from my website at

http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~tcross

This modified code works with verison 5 of the software
dectalk. However, you may need to change the makefile - I run under
Debian and the location of the header files and names of the extended
tcl libraries are different to those on Red Hat. At any rate, I can
say the software dectalk definately works as I use it daily. However,
it does 'die' from time to time - but you just need to issue C-e C-s
to restart the server when this happens.

Tim