[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Best Practices in W3 and TRPlayer
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Best Practices in W3 and TRPlayer
- From: Gary Lawrence Murphy <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:08:26 -0400
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: free software is good for children and other living things
- References: <email@example.com> <005701c575b5$9dce71d0$db60fc04@noneflzmskjmuf>
- Reply-To: Gary Lawrence Murphy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:08:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <GJU2MC.A.lEB.ms2uCB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now that I have trplayer and w3 working (see below), I have some
1) does w3-mode have a bookmark or hotlist feature? I searched
through the keybindings but did not find anything -- is there
some other tip or trick for saving a hotlist of websites?
2) what is the most speech-friendly search engine?
3) any recommendations for old-time-radio pages with real-audio
content? We've tried searching through google but we're getting
hopelessly lost trying to navigate the pages we find. In
particular we would love to find a nice clean site featuring The
Shadow, but if we can find a site with only the links, I can
build a page scraper.
4) is there an easy way to add to the existing Emacspeak library of
real-audio files? Is there a direct way to access these files
besides dired? The Library directores are a great idea, but I
notice most of the current directories are empty.
(not in _my_ life-time ;) but does anyone have any examples of
short e-lisp scripts to do client-side w3 programming? I'm
thinking that one example might be to filter the current page
through a skeletonizer to extract the links or redisplay without
Just for the record, and because the question does come up on this
list, I managed to get trplayer 1.2 working on RedHat 9 thanks to this
The trick posted on that page is to use RealPlayer9 with the
I was able to fetch trplayer using yum, so that part was easy, but I
had to locate the RealPlayer9 RPM by hand ... I found it in a PBone
mirror of an archive from Brazil!
I then had to force the install of RealPlayer9 RPM because of a
missing /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.2 -- the current version is so.3 --
just in case, I copied that library manually from another machine, but
I am not certain the file is needed because I could run trplayer
before I had the lib completely copied across.
Gary Lawrence Murphy <email@example.com>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
Business Advantage through Community Software - http://teledyn.com
"what I need is a job that doesn't interfere with my work" -gary murphy
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"