[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: emacspeak/eflite - ubuntu (debian)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: emacspeak/eflite - ubuntu (debian)
- From: Mike Gorse <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:47:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <002c01c59259$67891970$0501a8c0@DELLXP>
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <002401c59255$87f73dd0$0501a8c0@DELLXP> <002c01c59259$67891970$0501a8c0@DELLXP>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:52:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <Kf5vCC.A.Z0D.AUw5CB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eflite creates a daemon process and uses /tmp/es.socket by default to
communicate between the client and the daemon. Check if that file exists
and the permissions on it.
-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, dphyfe wrote:
> It is of course worth noting that I am able to run emacspeak as root but not as any of the other users on the system...
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: dphyfe
> To: Emacspeak MailingList
> Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:47 PM
> Subject: emacspeak/eflite - ubuntu (debian)
> Good Day -
> I have just partially setup a ubuntu (debian) system with emacspeak & eflite for my blind father - 84 yr-old...
> I was using emacspeak 17 file with eflite...
> now, I'm getting the speaker process not running error message when i fire up emacspeak - to my knowledge nothing i have done should have had any effect on the system... I made a modification to the inittab to get autologins working (have also shut that off to check if that was the problem)...
> I also of course added emacspeak to the end of the .bash_profile - want emacspeak to fireup without any user input... (i've also pulled that out "just in case")
> I've gone back into emacspeakconfig and made sure that eflite is selected... all seems fine???
> if anyone could point in a direction for finding what i've managed to mess up
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "email@example.com" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"