Emacspeak 23

Raman,

Well done on another emacspeak release.

Just a couple of comments. running under Debian etch, emacsepak 23
will not compile and failed with the following error

emacs -batch -q -no-site-file  -l /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-load-path.el -l /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-loaddefs.el -l /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-cus-load.el  -f batch-byte-compile emacspeak-speedbar.el
While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-speedbar.el:
  !! Wrong type argument ((stringp nil))
Done
make[1]: *** [emacspeak-speedbar.elc] Error 1

I was able to compile just that file individually and thereby get the
rest of emacspeak 23 compiled and installed. Will investigate exact
cause of problem when I get the chance. Can you tell me what version
of speedbar you built with?

Finally, in the NEWS file, you make reference to ALSA support for
Outloud and a file called atcleci.cpp and references to notes about it
in the linux-outloud directory. This file is not included in the tar
archive for emacs 23 and there is no reference to it in the notes
within the linux-outloud directory.

I'm also curious that you are running ViaVoice - I was under the
impression it was no longer compatible with linux due to changes in
the C++ libraries. Is this incorrect and it now works again or are you
running old libraries to make it work?