Emacspeak 23

this is the usual problem of Emacs shipping with a
broken/disfunctional speedbar.
Blow away the speedbar in your emacs install and get the one that
comes as part of the Cedet package.

Also --- this is for all users; note that this rpm will install
itself as emacspeak 23.5 --- I ended up mistyping while fighting
Sourceforge CVS while doing one of the prebuilds and that was irreversible.

    Tim> Raman, Well done on another emacspeak release.
    Tim>
    Tim> Just a couple of comments. running under Debian etch,
    Tim> emacsepak 23 will not compile and failed with the
    Tim> following error
    Tim>
    Tim> emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -l
    Tim> /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-load-path.el
    Tim> -l
    Tim> /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-loaddefs.el
    Tim> -l
    Tim> /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-cus-load.el
    Tim> -f batch-byte-compile emacspeak-speedbar.el While
    Tim> compiling toplevel forms in file
    Tim> /home/tcross/sourceforge/emacspeak-23.505/lisp/emacspeak-speedbar.el:
    Tim> !! Wrong type argument ((stringp nil)) Done make[1]: ***
    Tim> [emacspeak-speedbar.elc] Error 1
    Tim>
    Tim> I was able to compile just that file individually and
    Tim> thereby get the rest of emacspeak 23 compiled and
    Tim> installed. Will investigate exact cause of problem when
    Tim> I get the chance. Can you tell me what version of
    Tim> speedbar you built with?
    Tim>
    Tim> Finally, in the NEWS file, you make reference to ALSA
    Tim> support for Outloud and a file called atcleci.cpp and
    Tim> references to notes about it in the linux-outloud
    Tim> directory. This file is not included in the tar archive
    Tim> for emacs 23 and there is no reference to it in the
    Tim> notes within the linux-outloud directory.
    Tim>
    Tim> I'm also curious that you are running ViaVoice - I was
    Tim> under the impression it was no longer compatible with
    Tim> linux due to changes in the C++ libraries. Is this
    Tim> incorrect and it now works again or are you running old
    Tim> libraries to make it work?
    Tim>
    Tim> Tim

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx