versions of emacs/w3

I use emacs/w3 from the w3 CVS repos -- see below.

I dont use w3m because it's way too broken and only works
rudimentarily at best.
CVS: :ext:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/w3

You'll need to get w3 and url from the same repos.
Note that Emacs 22 (CVS ) has a version of the url package in it,
but that is broken -- breaks with site redirects. W3 is what it
is, and from what I have found by looking into it, is too hard to
fix where broken, but your mileage might vary.

I use it primarily on cleaned up HTML via XSL --- as for ssl
certs, you might need to set ssl-progran-name to point at a shell
script like the one attached below; this helps W3 avoid choking
on stderr output from openssl

#!/bin/sh
#redirect stderr so emacs doesn't barf on opensll
exec 2>/dev/null
exec openssl "$@"

    Peter> I'm not even sure whether there's still a mailing list
    Peter> for emacs/w3, my old address for it certainly didn't
    Peter> work.  I'm having trouble with openssl certificates
    Peter> and a few other things but I'm more generally curious
    Peter> to know what versions of the emacs/w3 browser people
    Peter> are using.  I know quite a few emacspeak users have
    Peter> migrated to using w3m but I'm specifically asking
    Peter> those who still use emacs/w3.  For information, I'm
    Peter> using: WWW p4.0pre.47, URL Exp on emacspeak-22.0 and
    Peter> emacs 21.3.  Before I start hacking to fix my set-up
    Peter> I'd like to know I'm starting from a reasonable point
    Peter> thanks in advance Peter
    Peter>

    Peter> -- Peter Rayner LSCE - CEA de Saclay Orme des
    Peter> Merisiers, 91191 Gif/Yvette work: +33 (1) 69 08 88 11;
    Peter> mobile: +33 (6) 75 46 56 52; fax: +33 (1) 69 08 77 16
    Peter> mail-to: peter.rayner@xxxxxxxxxxx

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman