W3 face colours

Unfortunately, I've already done that and it doesn't help. I have my
own style sheet I've defined based ont he default CSS which comes with
w3. This works fine most of the time, but every now and again, you
come across pages for which w3 is rendering the text with the same
foreground and background colours.

I've been going through the w3 code and getting to understand it a
bit. There are some hairy functions in that code which are pushing my
limited elisp skills somewhat. It takes a fair bit of work to
understand functions which in some cases are very long - for example,
the w3-displaymode function is 600 lines.

Things I've been able to determine so far include -

- It is emacs specific. The same pages display fine under Xemacs
running w3.

- The pages which are a problem are a bit inconsistent in how they are
handling style - mixing css and embedded tag colour settings, which
may be confusing w3.

- It seems to only happen with pages that try to define lots of
  different css font properties. The problem exists regardless of the
  settings of w3's honour document color and font requests etc.

- The problem only exists if you use a dark background. On a light
background, the foreground is black and all is readable.

I'm suspecting it is a combination of badly written web pages which
trigger an obscure bug in w3 relating to sanity checking of the
colours used when rendering the text.

Starting this morning, I'm going back to basics. I'm removing all my
w3 customizations and starting from scratch, including redefining my
personal default CSS.

Tim