debugging https access under emacs/w3

Make sure you have  the ssl package correctly configured -- you
need to use a wrapper around openssl --- I have the following:
#!/bin/sh
#redirect stderr so emacs doesn't barf on opensll
exec 2>/dev/null
exec openssl "$@"

    Peter> Somewhere in an upgrade of machine, emacs, emacspeak
    Peter> or emacs/w3 I've broken https access.  Just to confirm
    Peter> that it's me, can someone using emacs/w3 connect to
    Peter> the following address: https://dsm-mail.cea.fr
    Peter>
    Peter> I can test that the quietssl script is working with
    Peter> the options that I think emacs/w3 should be passing to
    Peter> it since I can open a connection on the command-line.
    Peter> The page opens ok in w3m but when I connect with
    Peter> emacs/w3 I get an empty buffer.  I doubt it's just
    Peter> that page since a sample of other pages is doing the
    Peter> same thing.  While I don't expet anyone to clean up
    Peter> whatever mess I've made I *would* be curious to see
    Peter> what, for example, the arguments to the ssl-gateway
    Peter> functions are.  Is there a trick to get the call stack
    Peter> on demand for example?  Obviously it's time to read a
    Peter> bit more on debugging elisp.  cheers Peter
    Peter>

    Peter> -- Peter Rayner: LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
    Peter> address: Bat. 701 LSCE - CEA de Saclay Orme des
    Peter> Merisiers, 91191 Gif/Yvette work: +33 (1) 69 08 88 11;
    Peter> mobile: +33 (6) 75 46 56 52; fax: +33 (1) 69 08 77 16
    Peter> mail-to: peter.rayner@xxxxxxxxxxx

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman