Re: via voice documentation

Gary Lawrence Murphy writes ("Re: via voice documentation"):

>     R> Is there a way to tell if I am using alsa?
>
> This one is very easy: If you have a directory /proc/asound then you
> are running the alsa drivers.

This will indeed tell you that the alsa drivers are loaded but it does
not tell you if your program is using alsa natively or is using the
OSS emulation layer.  Unload all the snd-* modules that contain the
string "oss" in their name. Then run your program. If it fails or
causes the oss modules to be reloaded, your program uses the OSS
emulation layer. I am sure there is a more direct way to determine
this.

Lukas