Re: running Emacspeak speech servers without a tcl interpreter

Well, you should be able to run the server by adding the line
package require tclx

once we can confirm this works, it is easy enough to add an if
statement to the tcl files that checks for tcl version and pulls
in the shared library.

    James> Unfortunately the disappearance of the tcl shell is
    James> not a Debian-specific problem.  The README I quoted
    James> was from the upstream tclx 8.4 package.
    James>
    James>      - Jim Van Zandt
    James>
    >> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:53:21 -0800 Cc:
    >> emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx From: "T. V. Raman"
    >> <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    >>

    >> I suspect that in that configuration the tcl script will
    >> need to load the extension library as a shared module.
    >>
    >> Again something I will get around to if and when I find
    >> the time, but the problem of course is that then it wont
    >> run against other systems.
    >>
    >> For now use 8.3 on debian if they've introduced the
    >> incompatibility in 8.4

    >> --
    >> Best Regards, --raman

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/