Re: voicified gnus

I just realized that I left out one _very_ important step.  The new file
must be byte-compiled.  I have a function in my .emacs file that does it
automagically so I forget that it has to be done.

The command

byte-compile-file

will do the job.

For those that are curious, the function that will do it with every save
in lisp-mode is:

;; begin code

(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook
  '(lambda ()
     (make-local-hook 'after-save-hook)
     (add-hook 'after-save-hook
	       '(lambda ()
		  (byte-compile-file buffer-file-name)
		  ) nil t)
     ))

;; end code

But,as has been mentioned before, if you are using gnus, you are
probably advanced enough that you did not have to be told.

rdc