anonymous checkout

CVS GNU Emacs 22.0.50.22 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.13) of 2006-03-26
Emacspeak 23.5016

    > Greetings, Per your request I have cleared the lock
    > from your repository.

# After moving my old emacspeak/ directory, I am able to check out
# `emacspeak' from SourceForge anonymously as a regular user:

    cd /usr/local/src
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/emacspeak \
      login

# password is simply a return

    cvs -z3 \
      -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/emacspeak \
      co emacspeak

# I am able to build that check out in about five minutes:

    cd emacspeak
    make config SRC=`pwd` && time make -k emacspeak

# As a root user, I can install it, which takes me less than fifteen seconds:

    pushd /usr/local/src/emacspeak
    time make install
    chown -R bob.users /usr/local/src/emacspeak/
    popd

# The newly built `emacspeak' works with `espeakf' but I do see

 # load: Cannot open load file: /usr/local/src/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-xmms.el

# There is no file by that name.

# When I copy that file from my older directory, which I saved, then
# `emacspeak' works as it should.

### However, I am still not able to update form the respository as rjc5.
### The message is
###     connect to host cvs.sourceforge.net port 22: Connection timed out

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    bob@xxxxxxxxxxx                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8