Re: IBM ViaVoice and Alsa

One possible place to add an snd_pcm_drain is in the synchronize
method --- I've checked an atcleci.cpp with this line added in
the appropriate place (but commented out).

I dont presently experience the repeating problem on any of my
machines, so I wouldn't have a means of testing it anyway; also
who knows what it will break on a system that works:-)

As for different processes colliding under alsa/dmix sometimes, I
suspect the alsa code that uses sockets in /tmp  in part of its
semaphor code --- I suspect there is some dependencey inside dmix
that all processes open the sound device with some kind of
matching params (not that sample rate etc need match)---

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs