Re: IBM ViaVoice and Alsa

The anonymous CVS is still not updated, but I did some tests myself
and have come to the conclusion that the xrun events are not the cause
of my repetition problems. I was able to produce a version of
atcleci.cpp and the outloud tcl script that do not go into xrun during
normal operation and I am still seeing the problems on the problematic
machine. the implementation uses eci-indexes to mark the end of
utterences and then runs snd_pcm_drain followed by snd_pcm_prepare in
the eci-callback. I also "found" the function snd_pcm_reset but I have not
found a way to use it to resolve the repetition issues.

 next thing to try is playing with the buffer sizes and in
general with the configuration of the audio device.

Best regards, Lukas