Re: Warning to Debian users of Alsa

The relevant bug in the Debian Bug Tracking System appears to be 369412:

The next version, libasound2-1.0.11-6, is supposed to have fixed the
bug.  I upgraded to -6, and it works fine here.  (I never tried -5.)

However, one user reported problems with -6 too (see the above link).

You can back up to a previous version.  Assuming your system is
configured to keep .deb files (for example, by adding the line

APT::Clean-Installed "false";

in the file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/80apt), you can find all your
available packages with

ls /var/cache/apt/archives/libasound2*

and install one using, for example,

dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libasound2_1.0.11-3_i386.deb

    - Jim Van Zandt