viavoice running smoothly (was Re: Error: Could not load libibmeci.so)

glad you got it working.

For thw record on my Thinkpad where ALSA and ViaVoice work well
together, I can play a streaming realaudio station (using
mplayer), play an mp3 file and use ViaVoice all at the same time,
including auditory icons, which means it's sometimes doing for
simultaneous streams of audio at a time.

Most of todays sound cards can do directional/spatial audio, and
there are even software plugins to do this on Linux, but sadly
those are even harder than ALSA to figure out.

It would be interesting to get some of those working because with
spatialization multiple streams of audio will become much more useful/usable.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs