emacs-w3

Hello,

Curl wasn't  installed.  I installed it, and w3 works, still not on the first terminal I boot up to.  I have to change to another terminal, log in, and start w3, and it works then.  This is no problem, since at least the behaviour is consistent and I can use w3 reliably now.

Thanks for your replies: not being a computer professional, my knowledge is thin and ad hoc, and the pointer to check curl made all the difference.

Regards,

Rob,