DELIVERY FAILURE: User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in DominoDirectory

Your message

  Subject: freetts

was not delivered to:

  whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx

because:

  User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in Domino Directory

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----
Yvonne Thomson writes:
>the problem is this. Freetts is a remote speech server. Emacspeak seems
>to insist that I have a *local* speech server successfully running
>before I can use a remote speech server. Obviously, none of the other
>speech servers work without errors on this machine, or I wouldn't be
>trying this.
I had to fudge something like this to get emacspeak working remotely
at all.  This is for earlier versions of emacspeak and the remote
servers via a listening port.  I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work now
but the fixes might still help your problem.

First I wrote a trivial dummy-tcl script
#!/bin/sh

 cat >/dev/null
then set the relevant environment variable to point to it.
DTK_TCL=/home/users/rayner/bin/dummy-tcl

One still needs the right things to come out of emacspeak hence, in my case
DTK_PROGRAM=dtk-soft

and adding a couple of things to my .emacs
(emacspeak-remote-connect-to-server (getenv "REMOTEHOST") 2222)
(defun reestablish-connection () (interactive) (emacspeak-remote-connect-to-server  (getenv "REMOTEHOST") 2222))
(define-key global-map "\C-ed\C-r"'reestablish-connection)

I would expect something > like this to still work but bet some
details have changed as the remote server approaches have changed.
I'll be interested to see what you get working since I've been curious
about getting emacspeak working on my wife's mac as well.
cheers
Peter

Peter Rayner: LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
address: Bat. 701 LSCE - CEA de Saclay
Orme des Merisiers, 91191 Gif/Yvette
work: +33  (1) 69 08 88 11;	mobile: +33 (6) 75 46 56 52;	 fax: +33 (1) 69 08 77 16
mail-to: peter.rayner@xxxxxxxxxxx