Re: [emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop] Update: Emacspeak On Google Code Hosting

It turns out that Emacs cus-dep.el in 21.4
which is responsible for producing cus-load.el -- and in
emacspeak's case -- emacspeak-cus-load.el
has the filename cus-load.el hard-wired in it -- emacs 22 lets
you set this variable programmatically. Anyway, now that I think
back to it this is why Emacspeak's Makefile was doing an explicit
mv in the past after generating cus-load.el --- I cleaned things
up a couple of weeks ago -- and in hind-sight, that turned out to
be too early --- I had forgotten about emacs 21.4 having a
problem.

Anyway, I've updated emacspeak-autoloads.el to rename cus-load.el
to emacspeak-cus-load.el in case cus-load.el is found in place of
emacspeak-cus-load.el -- this should hopefully fix the problem
for Emacs 21.4. Please test  that this is indeed the case, and
thanks for spotting the anomily

    Jason> On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 07:57:48AM -0700, T. V. Raman
    Jason> wrote:
    >>
    >> Specifically, after you do a make clean and a make config,
    >> please verify that it generates lisp/emacspeak-cus-load.el
    Jason> Unfortunately it doesn't. However, it does generate
    Jason> cus-load.el: Generating cus-load.el...  Wrote
    Jason> /home/jason/cvs-emacspeak/emacspeak/lisp/cus-load.el
    Jason> Generating cus-load.el...done
    Jason>
    Jason> The Emacs version is 21.4.1. I recently ran a full
    Jason> Debian upgrade on this system. Some software was
    Jason> broken by the upgrade process, but Emacs appears to be
    Jason> operating correctly. There were no errors in the make
    Jason> config.

 Thanks,
 --Raman

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/