[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: just a newbi problem, want to use festival, not flite with emacspeak
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: just a newbi problem, want to use festival, not flite with emacspeak
- From: "krishnakant Mane" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:33:12 +0530
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=AvhWXZDTwlomLXDAjMepFvLblqc7qdrVzsicMqSoTukARQwF72CYCrVqQ1zu7pNPJoQLOwuUkB/yhIUptz6vjQ4yVNf++sA3ZeowD9gKaHu8OJossIBuFvRgWUJaCs1zG+7X119qxfktd/yeBxahh7MJnvMTWuxkSvkRdeaYKZ0=
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org.HOWL>
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com.HOWL>
- Resent-Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:30:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <t2y9b.A.DvC.zqXEFB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
let me start right from scratch.
may be that will help you all experts solve my problem.
I have a ubuntu box ready with festival.
and I find that as of now there is still no good gui desktop screen reader.
so I decided to switch back to emacspeak.
but as I am aware, viavoice no longer works with newer distros. if it
does work, some one please let me know how?
right now the situation is that I don't have emax nor emacspeak
installed on my system.
so I wonder weather I will have to compile emax and then emacspeak on
top of that?
if yes then will it be possible with gcc 4 or above?
second, some one previously told me that espeakf will work with
emacspeak and directly access festival.
is it true?
I will mainly use emacspeak if at all I can install it, to program in
c and python.
+ I want to use it for my bash shel also.
internet is the next thing I will look at.
I hope I have been clear and if not I am very sorry and will provide
any information needed from my side.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search