DELIVERY FAILURE: User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in DominoDirectory

Your message

  Subject: Re: just a newbi problem, want to use festival, not flite with emacspeak

was not delivered to:

  whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx

because:

  User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in Domino Directory

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----
Robert J. Chassell writes ("Re: just a newbi problem, want to use festival, not flite with emacspeak"):
> According to my notes, Festival works with `espeakf'

I must admit that I never got espeakf working. But I have noticed that festival
can be very slow and produce great latency when used incorrectly. When
used through speech dispatcher, it did not show those issues, probably
because speech dispatcher will send reasonably small junks of text to
the synthesizer annd mask latencies.

The problem is that there seems to be no good way at the moment to use
speech dispatcher from emacspeak. A basic driver for English only
could be build fairly quickly as there are nice python bindings for
speech dispatcher. I might build such a driver for Oralux 0.8 if no
better solution emerges in the near future.

> When I run Emacspeak with `eflite', I do not see a `flite' process,
> just several `eflite' processes (and no Festival process).

That is because eflite uses the flite libraries not the flite
executable directly.

Best regards, Lukas