Re: Using gmail with gnus

Actualy it gets worse than that.

If you use the javascript interface and cheat by using a windows
screenreader, it still doesn't work  for changing the settings,
where they helpfully tell you" if you're using a screenreader,
you might find the html interface easier"

    Robert> "T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
    >> I'll stil get you the T-shirt if you have managed to set
    >> your GMail settings to use pop3 from Linux without using
    >> firefox.
    Robert>
    Robert> Looks like I'll be buying that shirt myself.  :(
    Robert>
    Robert> After much searching I asked on the gmail support
    Robert> forum and have so far received no response.  Curses.
    Robert> Even the html interface is no help as it tells me
    Robert> that javascript is required to access the
    Robert> preferences.  Seems the only way to do this outside
    Robert> of firefox would be to write js support into w3 or
    Robert> w3m.
    Robert>
    Robert> On a related note, I see that the firemax project
    Robert> homepage now has content.  Sounds like a great idea,
    Robert> Lucas.  Any idea on when there might be code to test?
    Robert>
    Robert> rdc -- Robert D. Crawford rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Robert>
    Robert> The American nation in the sixth ward is a fine
    Robert> people; they love the eagle -- on the back of a
    Robert> dollar.  -- Finlay Peter Dunne

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman