DELIVERY FAILURE: User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in DominoDirectory

Your message

  Subject: Re: workaround for some javascript

was not delivered to:

  whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx

because:

  User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in Domino Directory

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----
Hi Kalyan,

Kalyan Mukherjea <kalyan.infinity@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>    A clarification would be helpful for ignorant people like myself.
> After reading your letter I googled for the transcoder and found that
> it is  something which makes large web pages manageable for mobile
> phone users.

Yes, this is one feature, but not the one that I think is the most
useful.  I tend to use it for pages that have tables.  One other benefit
is that, on most pages, it puts the content near the top.

> So your work-around will work only after the latest version of this
> package is installed. Is this correct? Will w3m use this without the
> patches you have contributed?

I cannot remember what patches went into the latest stable release.  One
thing you might try is to do in a w3m buffer:

C-h k

and then

C-t

If the command is available, you should get something like:

 control t  runs the command emacspeak-w3m-transcode-current-url-via-google
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `emacspeak-w3m'.
(emacspeak-w3m-transcode-current-url-via-google &optional UNTRANSCODE)

Transcode current URL via Google.
 Reverse effect with prefix arg for links on a transcoded page.

It is in the cvs version that I am using, 24.2, according to
emacspeak-speak-version, but I cannot remember when I updated it.  It
has been a while, though.

> And finally how will I know from Emacspeak's reading out of a link
> that it is a java link pointing to some page; I mean how do I know
> when to use this work-around?

If you get a page returned to you that starts with:

Cannot retrieve URL: javascript:ArticlePaging('/news/

then you can try the transcoder.  You can also use "u" while point is on
a link to check it.

An example page is here:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-09-23T094036Z_01_L23801953_RTRUKOC_0_UK-SECURITY-BINLADEN-FRANCE.xml

If you go to the end of the article, there is a line with previous, 1,
2, and next.  Try what I have described and see if it works for you.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

An editor is one who separates the wheat from the chaff and prints the chaff.
		-- Adlai Stevenson