workaround for some javascript

Hi Robert,
   A clarification would be helpful for ignorant people like myself.
After reading your letter I googled for the transcoder and found that
it is  something which makes large web pages manageable for mobile
phone users. There was also a page from the Emacspeak manual at
sourceforge repository from where it seemed that the url-template
package uses this to convert some CNN pages  to a format   readable by
Emacspeak.
So your work-around will work only after the latest version of this
package is installed. Is this correct? Will w3m use this without the
patches you have contributed?
And finally how will I know from Emacspeak's reading out of a link
that it is a java link pointing to some page; I mean how do I know
when to use this work-around?

TIA.

Cheers.
Kalyan