Re: can't locate the URL for emacspeak festival server.

   >     http://sourceforge.net/projects/espeakf/
   I checked that.
   I can't download any thing ...

That is very strange.  I don't know the problem.  There are several
files in the package, although only two look critical to me; both are
Perl scripts.

Can you download from CVS?  (Debian testing provides CVS, which I
think I am using.)  Here is what I do, which works for me; I did an
update this morning; I received only one new file.  It is twelve days
later than my previous update.  The new file is dated 29 May 2005:

 pushd /usr/local/src/
 pushd /usr/local/src/
 cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/espeakf login
    ## Password: just press <return>
 cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/espeakf co espeakf

## An earlier version named the repository and directory this way:
#     :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/espeakf
# In the name of the repository,  `cvs' came before `espeakf'. Now it
# is the reverse.
# What you see is the name in /usr/local/src/espeakf/CVS/Root from
# which I did the successful update this morning.

 cd espeakf
 make install

# or
 pushd /usr/local/src/espeakf
 cvs update

 popd

I did a `make install' for the update.  The installation seems to work
fine using this morning's updates of Debian testing, Emacs, and
Emacspeak:

    GNU Emacs 22.0.50.65 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20)
    Emacspeak 24.0 Revision 4237

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@xxxxxxxxxxx                         bob@xxxxxxxxxxx