Re: how to associate documents in emacspeak?

"krishnakant Mane" <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I will be interested to know if I can have emacs and thus emacspeak
> automatically open documents according to their associated modes?
> like for example when I am in the directory mode and browsing files
> and folders, when I press enter on an html page, will it not be good
> that w3m opens that page and it becomes accessible right away?

You can change the default behavior by changing the keybinding
associated here, but I would advise against it.  Better would be to add
a keybinding for the command

browse-url-of-dired-file

so that you can display the file for editing in the default way, via the
enter key.  See the emacs info manual for information on how to do this.

> when we want to make a point clear that emacspeak is absolutely user
> friendly, such small things make a big difference when we call it user
> friendly.

It is user friendly, it is just selective about who its friends are.

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

If a can of Alpo costs 38 cents, would it cost $2.50 in Dog Dollars?