[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: how to associate documents in emacspeak?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: how to associate documents in emacspeak?
- From: "Robert D. Crawford" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 05:10:32 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com>(krishnakant Mane's message of "Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:23:03 +0530")
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 06:11:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <suGG2.A.nlH.LP0OFB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.110003 (No Gnus v0.3) Emacs/21.4 (gnu/linux)
"krishnakant Mane" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I will be interested to know if I can have emacs and thus emacspeak
> automatically open documents according to their associated modes?
> like for example when I am in the directory mode and browsing files
> and folders, when I press enter on an html page, will it not be good
> that w3m opens that page and it becomes accessible right away?
You can change the default behavior by changing the keybinding
associated here, but I would advise against it. Better would be to add
a keybinding for the command
so that you can display the file for editing in the default way, via the
enter key. See the emacs info manual for information on how to do this.
> when we want to make a point clear that emacspeak is absolutely user
> friendly, such small things make a big difference when we call it user
It is user friendly, it is just selective about who its friends are.
Robert D. Crawford email@example.com
If a can of Alpo costs 38 cents, would it cost $2.50 in Dog Dollars?
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search