Bug in emacspeak?

I copied your lines of code into a foo.rb file so that it was in
ruby mode, and yes, the third line of special chars is not spoken
with punctuations set to some.

On the Dectalk Express it does produce a tone; I need to verify
if/whether it produces a tone on the Viavoice.

Personally I dont think this is a bug --- which chars did you
expect to be spoken out of the line:
"#{$`}<<#{$&}>>#{$'}"

Note that punctuation some in TTS is purely to preserve
intonation structure, and is not necessarily very clever about
selectively speaking subsets of chars out of a string like
above.

But the bigger question: why would you program with punctuations
set to some? Anyone who does that will surely get what they deserve:-)

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs