[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Alternatives to VM for mail
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Alternatives to VM for mail
- From: "Robert D. Crawford" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:58:11 -0600
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com> (Tim Cross's message of "Thu\, 28 Dec 2006 19\:33\:20 +1100 \(EST\)")
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 07:57:07 -0500 (EST)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <58vw5B.A.K8G.j87kFB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.0.91 (gnu/linux)
Tim Cross <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I was just wondering if anyone is using either gnus or mew for reading
> mail under emacs and emacspeak?
I use gnus for mail/news/rss.
> At this stage, my choice is between gnus and mew. Some time ago (years
> in fact) I tried out gnus for mail. I use it regularly for newsgroups,
> but had some issues with it as a mail reader when I last tried it out
> about 8 years ago. Therefore, I thought I'd try out mew.
I can't speak on mew, but I don't think I am having any issues with
gnus, using it to access my pop mail. I use fetchmail to bring the mail
into my local spool and don't have anything between my spool and gnus
such as procmail or some spam solution. I have also set gnus up to use
imap for a rather short period of time and I seem to remember that it
was no problem.
> There is a way to go before it would be as voice friendly as VM, but
> the results so far are quite encouraging.
On a related topic, if there is anything missing from gnus that vm has,
let me know and I will look into implementing it as I have a little
time. I have been adding stuff as I have had the need, but I am sure
that there are features that I just don't know I need.
Robert D. Crawford email@example.com
Doctors and lawyers must go to school for years and years, often with
little sleep and with great sacrifice to their first wives.
-- Roy G. Blount, Jr.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search