[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

Entertainment

Forgot to mention in my reply about dunnet that when emacspeak was new
on my linux box I derived endless hours of fun playing dungeon in
shell mode.

Try it, it's great fun, and the feedback is really nice.

When emacspeak was still very new, this was one of the things that
made me realize how much fun emacspeak would be to use as it evolved.

In general, all of the old games that dont use cursor addressing work
well in shell mode.

The games that use cursor addressing e.g. hangman work in eterm, but
are painful to play because it feels like playing them with a
screenreader.

Emacspeak has also had support for a couple of the other emacs games
since 5.0
try out mpuz --a number guessing game, and if you are really bored try
out doctar for a version of eliza.

And just for kicks, under shell mode in linux try out morse.

It's real fun listening to the Dectalk talking morse at 430 words a
minute.

 dit
 daw daw
 dit daw
 daw dit daw dit
 dit dit dit
 dit daw daw dit
 dit
 dit daw
 daw dit daw
 daw dit dit dit daw
 dit dit
 dit dit dit
 daw dit dit dit daw
 dit daw daw
 daw daw daw
 daw dit
 daw dit dit
 dit
 dit daw dit
 dit dit daw dit
 dit dit daw
 dit daw dit dit
 daw dit dit dit daw
 daw dit dit dit daw

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-129)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/raman.html (Adobe  Internal)
      http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/raman.html  (Cornell)
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.