[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

c-e ret's behaviour?

Bart Bunting writes:

 > I have been using c-e ret and page down to read large documents by the screenfull.
 >
 > my question is:
 > when you first exicute c-e ret pg-up it seems to scroll forward before starting to read.  Is there an  easy way to get emacspeak to read the first page before it scrolls down?

That is consistent with the semantics of C-e ret which executes the command
  you specify repeatedly.>
If you want to read the current screenful first, use something like C-e 0
 > one other thing:
 > when using c-e ret is there somehow that I can change emacspeak from saying
  "hit any key to exicute page down again." to just making the auditory icon?
No.

 > *wave*
 > Bart
 >
 > ps
 > thanks to everyone who has helped me through this list.  your help has been greatly appreciated.

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-129)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.