[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

Re: off topic

Hi Greg,

I asked around at the Trace Center, and Gregg Vanderheiden gave this reply.

--Dave Hoyt.

<begin quote>
Hmmmm.

Votrax was the earliest stand alone synthesizer I know of.
 Echo  was also early but votrax was earlier.

There were of course a bunch of mainframes that synthesized speech.

Voice Input ???  hmmmm.   I would talk to dragon and kurzweil and ask them.

Gregg

-- ------------------------------
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.
Director - Trace R & D Center
gv@xxxxxxxxxxx    http://trace.wisc.edu
FAX 608/262-6966
For a list of our listserves send "lists" to listproc@xxxxxxxxxxx
<end quote>

At 12:10 PM 10/7/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just got asked what the earliest speech input and speech output
>systems were, I just thought somone on this list might know.
>
>Greg
>
>--
> Greg Priest-Dorman
> priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx      NO SOLICITING

"I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out
listings of their operating system." --Bill Gates

David Hoyt
Rivendell Co-op
622N. Henry St.
Madison, WI 53703