[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

emacspeak 7.0 emacs 20.2 and w3 4.0 pre8

Bart Bunting writes:

You'll get this error if you compiled emacspeak-widget.el
either with an emacs-19.34 or
if you compiled it against an older widget library
e.g. something that came with earlier W3.

To be sure emacspeak-widget.el is compiling against the
right widget library,
do
rm emacspeak-widget.elc
make emacspeak-widget.elc EMACS=emacs-20
(or whatever else emacs-20 is called on your system)
and watch the messages from the compile to see where it is
getting widget from.
 > i've had no success geting w3 going under emacs 20.2.
 > when i try to use w3-open-local this is the error I get.
 > does anyone know is this a problem specific to my setup or is it something that others are experiencing.
 >
 > this is what i get in my messages buffer.

 > Invalid function: (macro . #[(charset &optional c1 c2) "‰<…'
 >

 > --
 > *wave*
 > Bart

 > |Bart Bunting            |       <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>              |

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-129)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.