Re: espeak and emacspeak

I've got espeak 1.16 installed, I was unable to download espeak
1.18 from the sf site because for the last few months the
download interface at sf.net has become impossible for me to use.

We should consider putting up the  espeak sources, or a direct
download URL to the tarball somewhere convenient.

    Gilles> Hello, Here is a patch for an eSpeak server compliant
    Gilles> with emacspeak (SVN release 4332) and eSpeak 1.18.
    Gilles>
    Gilles> The patch is at:
    Gilles> http://oralux.org/tmp/eSpeak/emacspeak-svn-4332.espeak.patch
    Gilles>
    Gilles> eSpeak 1.18: http://espeak.sf.net
    Gilles>
    Gilles> * As an example, a few stages for installing the
    Gilles> patch in a fresh emacspeak directory:
    Gilles>
    Gilles> cd emacspeak
    Gilles>
    Gilles> patch -p1 < ../emacspeak-svn-4332.espeak.patch
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make config
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make emacspeak
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make prefix=my_install_directory install
    Gilles>
    Gilles> cd
    Gilles> my_install_directory/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make
    Gilles>

    Gilles> * Start
    Gilles>
    Gilles> emacspeak -e
    Gilles>
    Gilles> or under emacspeak: C-e dd espeak