Re: espeak and emacspeak

I'm in the process of checking in your patch, looks really nice.
Sadly I'm still unable to run it  -- mostly because the compile
failed, probably because I have 1.16 of espeak -- not 1.18.

Also, the default ubuntu portaudio packages are v18 -- I'll need
to pull the sources of portaudio and compile v19 to get alsa support.

    Gilles> Hello, Here is a patch for an eSpeak server compliant
    Gilles> with emacspeak (SVN release 4332) and eSpeak 1.18.
    Gilles>
    Gilles> The patch is at:
    Gilles> http://oralux.org/tmp/eSpeak/emacspeak-svn-4332.espeak.patch
    Gilles>
    Gilles> eSpeak 1.18: http://espeak.sf.net
    Gilles>
    Gilles> * As an example, a few stages for installing the
    Gilles> patch in a fresh emacspeak directory:
    Gilles>
    Gilles> cd emacspeak
    Gilles>
    Gilles> patch -p1 < ../emacspeak-svn-4332.espeak.patch
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make config
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make emacspeak
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make prefix=my_install_directory install
    Gilles>
    Gilles> cd
    Gilles> my_install_directory/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak
    Gilles>
    Gilles> make
    Gilles>

    Gilles> * Start
    Gilles>
    Gilles> emacspeak -e
    Gilles>
    Gilles> or under emacspeak: C-e dd espeak