Re:[emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop] Web Interaction In Emacspeak

The minor problems I was getting with VM have gone. In fact, I've even managed
to install the devo branch to see how it is shaping up and it appears to be
working well too.

At this time, I don't have any other outstanding issues.

Tim

T. V. Raman writes:

 > please be specific about what errors you're getting with VM. I'm
 > also running vm out of its repository --

 >     Tim> Hi Raman, I realise that refactoring is probably going
 >     Tim> to introduce som instability at first, so this is just
 >     Tim> to let you know of some of the issues I'm running into
 >     Tim> with the latest svn snapshot.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> 1. w3m is giving a void function error when you try to
 >     Tim> run w3m. The problem is that
 >     Tim> emacspeak-w3-speak-mode-hook is being called. Putting a
 >     Tim> require w3 at the top of emacspeak-w3m.el seems to fix
 >     Tim> this.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> 2. another issue I've run into is related to
 >     Tim> emacspeak-fix-interactive-command-if-necessary. I've not
 >     Tim> even looked at this yet and am just mentioning
 >     Tim> it. However, I had to uninstall muse and planner mode
 >     Tim> before I could get past startup failures . I first noted
 >     Tim> this on a testing box at work where I had updated to the
 >     Tim> latest cvs version of emacs. at the time, I thought it
 >     Tim> was most likely something to do with the latest cvs
 >     Tim> version of emacs and didn't look further. However, I'm
 >     Tim> seeing a similar error now at home with my emacs 22
 >     Tim> version (built from source).
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> 3. finally, I'm getting errors with the latest VM
 >     Tim> version which I'm not getting if I stick with the older
 >     Tim> emacspeak cvs snapshot.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> I mainly wanted to alert you to the w3m issue and the
 >     Tim> need for a require. The other points are just
 >     Tim> reference. I'll try to look at these in more detail next
 >     Tim> weekend. I didn't think the need to just add (require
 >     Tim> 'w3) to emacspeak-w3m.el justified a patch.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> Just for reference, the emacspeak CVS snapshot which is
 >     Tim> working fine is from the end of June (Revision 4678. The
 >     Tim> one giving me problems is from today, and is revision
 >     Tim> 4959. Same version of emacs in both cases GNU Emacs
 >     Tim> 22.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.12) of
 >     Tim> 2007-06-21 on lion I've also done a make clean and
 >     Tim> rebuilt both emacspeak snapshots, just in case the
 >     Tim> problem was due to updates in other packages.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> Tim
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> T. V. Raman writes:
 >     >> Users running out of SVN will have noticed that the
 >     >> emacspeak codebase has seen a significant number of
 >     >> updates over the last couple of weeks.  During this time,
 >     >> I've refactored the Web interaction code in Emacspeak to
 >     >> meet the following goals:
 >     >>
 >     >> - All Emacspeak Web smarts have now been re-factored to be
 >     >> independent of any given Web browser. In practice, this
> [...]

tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.