Re:[emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop] Web Interaction In Emacspeak

I will provide specific info. However, at this time, I just wanted to highlight
the w3m issue - now thats solved, I'll look at the vm ones and will report
specific info after that.

Tim
T. V. Raman writes:

 > please be specific about what errors you're getting with VM. I'm
 > also running vm out of its repository --

 >     Tim> Hi Raman, I realise that refactoring is probably going
 >     Tim> to introduce som instability at first, so this is just
 >     Tim> to let you know of some of the issues I'm running into
 >     Tim> with the latest svn snapshot.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> 1. w3m is giving a void function error when you try to
 >     Tim> run w3m. The problem is that
 >     Tim> emacspeak-w3-speak-mode-hook is being called. Putting a
 >     Tim> require w3 at the top of emacspeak-w3m.el seems to fix
 >     Tim> this.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> 2. another issue I've run into is related to
 >     Tim> emacspeak-fix-interactive-command-if-necessary. I've not
 >     Tim> even looked at this yet and am just mentioning
 >     Tim> it. However, I had to uninstall muse and planner mode
 >     Tim> before I could get past startup failures . I first noted
 >     Tim> this on a testing box at work where I had updated to the
 >     Tim> latest cvs version of emacs. at the time, I thought it
 >     Tim> was most likely something to do with the latest cvs
 >     Tim> version of emacs and didn't look further. However, I'm
 >     Tim> seeing a similar error now at home with my emacs 22
 >     Tim> version (built from source).
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> 3. finally, I'm getting errors with the latest VM
 >     Tim> version which I'm not getting if I stick with the older
 >     Tim> emacspeak cvs snapshot.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> I mainly wanted to alert you to the w3m issue and the
 >     Tim> need for a require. The other points are just
 >     Tim> reference. I'll try to look at these in more detail next
 >     Tim> weekend. I didn't think the need to just add (require
 >     Tim> 'w3) to emacspeak-w3m.el justified a patch.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> Just for reference, the emacspeak CVS snapshot which is
 >     Tim> working fine is from the end of June (Revision 4678. The
 >     Tim> one giving me problems is from today, and is revision
 >     Tim> 4959. Same version of emacs in both cases GNU Emacs
 >     Tim> 22.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.12) of
 >     Tim> 2007-06-21 on lion I've also done a make clean and
 >     Tim> rebuilt both emacspeak snapshots, just in case the
 >     Tim> problem was due to updates in other packages.
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> Tim
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim>
 >     Tim> T. V. Raman writes:
 >     >> Users running out of SVN will have noticed that the
 >     >> emacspeak codebase has seen a significant number of
 >     >> updates over the last couple of weeks.  During this time,
 >     >> I've refactored the Web interaction code in Emacspeak to
 >     >> meet the following goals:
 >     >>
 >     >> - All Emacspeak Web smarts have now been re-factored to be
 >     >> independent of any given Web browser. In practice, this
> [...]

tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.