Re: Playing Music from Dired

Well, I suppose I didn't get through enough docs <sigh>.  What I had
read so far hadn't shown me that method.  I didn't know or realize
that emacspeak was hooked into dired with extra keys.  I had mainly
looked at emacspeak documentation, the summary for media-player and
the key bindings after launching c-e;.  Glad to know that works with
dired.  Guess I'll look at the keybindings for dired and see what
emacspeak adds to that module.

Thanks for the solution.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 06:31:14AM -0700, T. V. Raman wrote:

> I suggest you investigate things before assuming things. C-e; on
> a dired-line  plays the file under point.

>     Steve> Yeah but I want to be able to scroll up and down a
>     Steve> list (directory contents) and hit the enter key or
>     Steve> similar to play the highlighted track.  The only thing
>     Steve> I've managed to do with c-e ; is to pick a whole
>     Steve> directory and then have mplayer play the entire list
>     Steve> and I can then skip from track to track in there.  I'm
>     Steve> also thinking of when I might be going through a
>     Steve> directory of mixed files and come across an MP3 or ogg
>     Steve> file and wonder what it has; I would like to be able
>     Steve> to pop that track into mplayer from dired or something
>     Steve> similar and hear it.
>     Steve>
>     Steve> At present, I can do this quite easily outside of
>     Steve> emacs with Midnight Commander but thought it would be
>     Steve> cool to set dired up to support this.  Is that
>     Steve> possible? I hope this is perhapse clearer.
>     Steve>
>     Steve> On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 05:04:31PM -0700, raman wrote:
>     >> Use C-e; -- and follow the documentation.
>     Steve>
>     Steve> -- HolmesGrown Solutions The best solutions for the
>     Steve> best price!  http://holmesgrown.ld.net/
>     Steve>
>     Steve> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Steve> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
>     Steve> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
>     Steve> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
>     Steve> "unsubscribe" or "help"
>
> --
> Best Regards,