Re: Various TTS problems

Hi Rob,

The first thing you should try is  compile and run the alsaparams program in the
servers/linux-outloud directory. Ideally, you should configure alsa in
such a way (via a the .asoundrc file) that the puffer size and the
period size are relatively short, in the order of 0.1 s. You can use
the alsaparams program to check whether the configuration is the way
you want it. The asoundrc file int the linux-outloud directory is a
good starting point.

There are some problems with the alsa library version 1.0.15 and the
alsa code in flite, however, Ubuntu 7.10 still uses libasound 1.0.14,
thus this should not affect you.

Best regards, Lukas