OT: Should the Emacs team leave beep-on-error enabled for the sake of people with vision loss?

Hi all.  I am fully sighted.  Here's a question about Emacs in general, not just
about Emacspeak.  When you make even the slightest mistake in Emacs, it rings
the system bell.  I asked the Emacs team to disable this beep-on-error by
default.[1]  One Emacs developer replied and disagreed.  He said they should do
that.  His main argument was that it should be left on because of blind /
visually impaired people.[2]  Do you think it should be left on because of
people with vision loss?  You may reply there (email
1305@xxxxxxxxxxx to do so) or here.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Spiro

^  [1].  http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/1305#5