Re: Emacspeak on Ubuntu 8.10: best way to go about it?

Hi

Jason white posted some patches   a while ago which you will need to
apply to be able to compile the espeak server.

I agree the build is rather awkward but once you have the server
compiled you never need worry about it again.  I expect it would be
rather difficult to sort it so that it compiles directly on all
distributions because of all the potential variations in paths for tcl,
etc, as well as different versions of compilers.

If you still have problems I can try and send you my server binary off
list, but don't expect it would work because there's probably
differences between our systems.

Alastair