Re: problem: emacs 23 and emacspeak 29, gnus 5.13 - reply with marked region

Now when I have subscribed to this list I'm resending my message here.

I think that this feature may not work because when you start marking
region with set-mark-command, Emacspeak temporarily highlights the
character after point in order to show point position, and this
temporary modification deactivates mark. The feature works only with
active mark.

It is possible however to preserve mark active regardless of temporary
changes in a buffer. For example how to do this please look at the macro
save-buffer-state in font-lock.el. Besides preserving active state of
the mark this macro performs another useful actions as well, like
temporarily setting buffer-file-name and buffer-file-truename to nil.
This prevents Emacs from checking whether visited file has changed on
disk and asking unpleasant questions.

rabbitko wrote:

> Hallo Group members.
> in emacs 22, when I want to reply to some message and I have some region marked, then the reply message contained only the marked region, while in emacs 23, whole message buffer is taken to reply.
> The problem seems to be related to emacspeak, because when it is off, this feature works ok.

> Best regards,
> Michal

Dmitri Paduchikh