ispell-mode not speaking

It's unclear what you did in your advice to break
   ispell. Also, the work around you createdshould be in
      principle unnecessary --- emacspeak should be setting
         punctuation mode on a per buffr basis. It would be
   	 useful to isolate and fix problems in that layer, rather
   	 than papering it over with another layer of advice.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs