stunnel, vm-7.19 and ubuntu

Hi,

I also had a problem using stunnel and found that i needed to use
/usr/bin/stunnel4 instead of /usr/bin/stunnel.  My problem was
actually on debian, but i hope this is some help.

Here are all the relevant lines from my setup:

; if stunnel4 is installed, /usr/bin/stunnel points to stunnel3 and doesnt work
(if (file-exists-p '"/usr/bin/stunnel4")
  (setq vm-stunnel-program '"/usr/bin/stunnel4"))

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it) ; if you use `mail' or vm
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it) ; if you use message/Gnus
(setq smtpmail-debug-info t) ; only to debug problems
(require 'smtpmail)

(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
(setq user-mail-address "me@xxxxxxxxxxx")
(setq user-full-name "me")

(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials '(("smtp.gmail.com" 25 "username@xxxxxxxxxxx" "password")))
(setq smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("smtp.gmail.com" 25 nil nil)))

(setq pop3-leave-mail-on-server t)
(setq mail-user-agent 'vm-user-agent)
(setq toolbar-mail-reader 'vm)

(setq vm-imap-server-list
      '(
         "imap-ssl:imap.gmail.com:993:INBOX:login:username@xxxxxxxxxxx:password"
       )
)

I can then read my email using vm-visit-imap-folder.  (I had to change
some settings on the gmail website to enable this).

Sean