starting eflite automatically

Hi Allonzo,
Alonzo Cuellar writes:
 > hello everyone,
 >
 > How do I start Eflite automatically when envokingg emacs on the console?
 > I know i have to  specify something in .emacs. I'm not sure what to
 > specify though.

You don't really have to change your ~/.emacs file too much, or at
all, unless you want to add some bells and whistles; which I'll
mention later.

To invoke emacspeak with eflite from the console, create a file called
`emacspeak' which should be something like:
#!/bin/sh

EMACS_UNIBYTE=1
export EMACS_UNIBYTE
     export DTK_PROGRAM=/usr/local/bin/eflite
exec emacs -q -l /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el $INITSTR $CL_ALL
#end of emacspeak

where for DTK_PROGRAM  you should point to the place where your flite binary resides.

Make this script executable  and put it anywhere in your PATH.

 Now you can start emacspeak with eflite by typing `emacspeak [RETURN]

HTH,
Kalyan

PS: Specials for emacspeak which you can put at the top of your .emacs
file; if you type emacs [RETURN] you will start emacs without speech
and these add-ons won't be read:

;; ;; add-on for Emacspeak
 (when (featurep 'emacspeak)

 (require 'term)
;; Turn on global-font-lock for the voice lock engine;
(load "font-lock")
      (global-font-lock-mode 1)
      (setq font-lock-global-modes t)

;      Speak time in a reasonable format: `C-e t'
     (setq emacspeak-speak-time-format-string
        "The time is %_H hours %M minutes %Z on %A %_e %B %Y")
;
);

Hope this will help.