Re: error trying to start under X

Hi robert

it sounds like an environment issue. Maybe your bash profile stuff isn't
getting sourced?

The error you ahve this time is completely different. It is the same error
I get if my speech server dies or doesn't start when I run emacs. The way
I'd start with this error is to try and just run the speech server from the
command line and see what error, if any, you get. Also, when you get the
error running emacs, just try re-starting the server with C-e C-s. It is
possible that the server dies during startup and you just need to restart
it.