Re: Tabulation problem, possibly a mac speech server bug

Raman,

This fixes the issue for me!  Thanks.

I'm taking a look into the calendar issue I also reported.

It appears to be different though to the tabulation one.  The function
emacspeak-calendar-speak-date uses dtk-speak but it's wrapped in a call
to tts-with-punctuations 'some.

This is what is causing my issue.  Simply commenting this out and
arrowing in the
calendar works without delay.  Of course it does so without setting the
punctuation mode to some.

tts-with-punctuations appears to be a macro that saves the current
punctuation level, sets level to some then calls dtk-force to have the
speech server to execute the change punctuation.  Then executes the body
and restores the original punctuation setting.

I haven't gotten to the bottom of it but the issue is clearly to do with
the setting of the punctuation.  I can prove this by the fact that if
you are in the calendar with punctuation mode set to some then
everything works as expected.  In this cace tts-with-punctuations is not
setting the punctuation because it checks and finds the level is already
some so does nothing.

I can try and dig a bit deeper but that's what I've found so far.

Kind regards
Bart

Bart
--