Re: Sad news regarding google reader

The sad part isn't that google reader is going away. The sad part is
this offering ran other RSS agrigators out of business and now they
pull this rug out from under us.  We need to go back to self contained
RSS readers.  the bad part is so many reader clients such as what run
on mobile devices use Reader exclusively and do not store RSS feeds
locally.  What would be much sadder is to have RSS go away entirely
and we would be forced to use web interfaces for all our news sources.
 I love RSS agrigation whether it is done locally on a computer or
mobile device or if it is cloud based.  The main thing Reader was good
for was you could sync your RSS feeds between different devices.

We should all realize that we as users of Google's free services are
not their customers! the only customers Google has is its advertisers.
 They couldn't make any money with Reader so throw it away along with
any other free services they offer.